Would you like to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment that serves the Christian Science community?
The Albert Baker Fund (ABF) is seeking a full-time manager of our domestic and international grant and loan programs. The deadline for submitting an online application is no later than August 15 and the expected start date for the new manager is October 2.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Managing ABF grant and loan programs to ensure compliance with ABF application procedures, program policies, and budget
- Working hand-in-hand with administration and accounting staff to address issues arising with grant and loan applications and improve processes
- Direct in-country Africa staff, regional volunteers, and Sacramento staff to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient processing of all grant and loan applications
Develop staff requirements and job descriptions; recruit and recommend for employment; manage, train, and evaluate employees in accord with the Annual Programs Plan, the Fund’s Operating Principles, and the laws of the land.
- Report to the ABF Board of Trustees quarterly, providing year-to-date progress to budget and progress with all ABF grant and loan programs
- Recruit, appoint, train, and replace volunteer Regional Ambassadors (RAs) as needed to conduct interviews with applicants.
- Establish and maintain one-on-one communications and working relationships with managers of partnering organizations (e.g. The Mother Church, Principia College, Christian Science camp and youth organizations, Christian Science nursing organizations, etc.) related to the ABF grant and loan programs.
- Develop the annual Grant and Loan Program Marketing and Communications Plan with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Travel internationally as necessary.
Ideal skills, knowledge, education and experience
- High-volume process management experience and attention to detail
- Proven time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Operations analysis, planning, and budgeting experience
- Management experience in a non-profit organization with board contact
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Strong practical experience using technology efficiently to communicate, schedule work, track activity, market services, process work, and connect with co-workers in remote locations
- Highly developed editing and communication skills in English. Basic reading and speaking facility with French and Spanish desirable.
- BA degree or higher
- Member of The Mother Church
Application process for Grant and Loan Programs Manager
- Read full job description here.
- If you are interested in this job posting, select “Request Connection or Job Contact”
- Follow the next steps, log in to your existing account or create a new account
- After completing or updating your profile information, upload your a) resume for the Grant and Loan Programs Manager and b) cover letter addressed to Alan Bashor, CEO, The Albert Baker Fund.
- To submit application, select “Submit connections and Jobs Request” (Deadline to submit is August 15.)
Your cover letter and resume will be reviewed by Alan Bashor, CEO, and ABF staff. Phone interviews of prospective candidates will be conducted to determine a short list of qualified applicants for face-to-face interviews. The final interviews will take place in our Sacramento, California office during the last two weeks of August. We encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible but definitely no later than August 15. We expect to make a decision by the end of August and project the new Grant and Loan Program Manager will start on or before, Monday, October 2.