Christian Science Nursing Education
What is Christian Science Nursing?
Christian Science nurses provide skilled, practical care grounded in the spiritual healing method of Christian Science discovered by Mary Baker Eddy in 1866. The Christian Science nurse’s standard of care rests squarely on the Bible, especially the Ten Commandments, the teachings of Christ Jesus, and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy.
What is Christian Science Nursing Education?
Courses are usually divided into two parts:
1. classroom portion
2. mentored- training portion where the student works alongside nurses and has direct contact with patients.
You can find more information from the Association of Organizations for Christian Science Nursing.
What We Fund
We provide grants to assist with tuition costs for students enrolled in Christian Science nurses training at our partner facilities. Click here for a list of our partner facilities: ABF Partners.
How to Apply
Once you have been admitted by one of the training facilities listed on our Partners page, you can apply online. Applications are processed as we receive them from the facilities, based on their course schedules.You will need to submit a copy of your acceptance letter for each course, printed on letterhead of the facility, with your ABF application. Applications must be received no later than the last week of the class. (ABF does not fund coursework already completed.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Does ABF fund transportation and housing costs?
- ABF funds only classroom tuition. If you need help with living expenses, consider contacting The Principle Foundation.
- Why did you stop funding the internship portion of Christian Science nurses training?
- After experimenting with funding the internship portion for a couple of years, it became necessary to redirect those funds to ABF’s international nursing programs.
- Why don’t you fund training at all Christian Science nursing facilities?
- We partner with accredited facilities who charge tuition for training. Currently, not all facilities charge tuition and/or some facilities are not accredited. All of our partners have gone through a vetting process with ABF.