Christian Science Nurses Education
What is Christian Science Nursing?
Christian Science nurses provide skilled, practical care grounded in the spiritual healing method of Christian Science discovered by Mary Baker Eddy in 1866. The Christian Science nurse’s standard of care rests squarely on the Bible, especially the Ten Commandments, the teachings of Christ Jesus, and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy.
What is Christian Science Nurses Education?
Courses are usually divided into two parts:
1. Classroom portion
2. Mentored-training portion – where the student works alongside nurses and has direct contact with patients
ABF provides tuition scholarships for the classroom portion of Levels 1 – 5.
You can find more information about Christian Science nursing from the Association of Organizations for Christian Science Nursing.
What We Fund
We provide scholarships to assist with tuition costs for students enrolled in Christian Science nurses education (Levels 1 – 5) within an accredited Christian Science nurses education program. Click here for a list of accredited Christian Science Nurses Education/Training Programs.
How to Apply
Once you have been accepted into a course offered by one of the accredited Christian Science nurses education programs, you can apply online. You will need to submit a copy of your acceptance letter with your ABF application. Applications must be received no later than the end of the first week of the class. ABF does not fund coursework already completed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Does ABF fund transportation and housing costs?
- ABF funds only classroom tuition. If you need help with living expenses, consider contacting The Principle Foundation.
- Does ABF fund training at all Christian Science nursing facilities?
- We provide tuition scholarships in support of Christian Science nurses education (Levels 1 – 5) offered by programs accredited by The Commission for Accreditation of Christian Science Nursing Organizations/Facilities. Some facilities are not accredited.