Step 2: Eligibility and Deadlines
Who We Fund
Eligibility Requirements (All Applicants)
- Applicants must be a citizen of The United States or Canada.
Ineligible due to citizenship? Learn about our international programs
- Applicants must reapply for funding each new academic term (year, semester or vocational course).
- Applicants must already be enrolled in or admitted to an accredited educational institution before submitting an application.
- Applicants must have earned a 2.5 GPA or higher in the most recent academic term.
- Applicants must be active students of Christian Science.
- Applicants must currently be a member of The Mother Church or branch church/society, or commit to apply in the next 12 months.
- Applicants must take full responsibility for the financial aid application process, all communication with ABF staff, and repayment of funds borrowed. This application is not for parents but students whom we can engage with and support.
- Applicants must agree to the concept and practice of actively “passing your blessing forward” by enriching the lives of the people they touch either through altruism, spiritual activism, or volunteerism.
There are currently no deadlines for North America College/Graduate/Vocational funding applications.
We do ask that you submit your application at least 6 weeks before fees are due to your school – we do need time to review it!