Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Pass the Quiz
Pick the best response for each question (answers below):
1) What two facts about the hidden job market are most important?
- You can find jobs before they’re announced, and before the employer writes a job description.
- It is the largest part of the job market, and there’s much less competition.
- All employers are always hiring at the entry level, and your only task is to get them to talk to you.
- If an employer likes you, they can hire you, but nobody can like you if they never meet you.
2) The hidden job market techniques require you to endure a success rate of less than 10%. On the other hand, how many applicants apply for each and every posted opening, on average?
3) How many times should you reach out to someone who doesn’t respond, as a minimum effort?
- Three emails spaced several days apart
- One business letter
- One polite phone message
- All of the above.
4) Hidden job market techniques require you to get out of the house and go talk to people, IRL or via Skype. What would you prefer to do instead?
- Turn 35 in my parents’ basement.
- Get a job that involves asking “Would you like me to super-size that?”
- Collect aluminum cans along the highway.
- I get it. I get it. It’s gonna hurt, but it’s necessary.
1: B, 2: C, 3: D, 4: D
Step 3: Review the Bonus Video
About the LifeLaunch! program:
LifeLaunch! was created by Donald Asher and associate, Jason Morris to help you, a recent college graduate, advance your career.
Donald Asher is an internationally recognized author and speaker on the topics of careers and higher education. QuintCareers dubbed him “America’s Job Search Guru” and named him a Career MasterMind. He is well known as the author of many career help guides, including Cracking the Hidden Job Market, The Overnight Resume, How to Get Any Job, Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn’t, and Why, and the best-selling guide to getting into graduate school, Graduate Admissions Essays.
Tags: career success