Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Pass the Quiz
Pick the best response for each question (answers below):
1) What are Hero Stories?
- Seven to a dozen stories that you are ready to tell in any interview, about times when you demonstrated a skill or mastered a challenge.
- A Marvel comic book series
- A brand of clothing popular among tweens
- C’mon! You know what they are, and this is not the right answer.
2) Which of the following is not a good follow-up question?
- Was that what you had in mind?
- Did I answer your question?
- Would that approach work in your organization?
- Oh, look! A squirrel!
3) What’s the right thing to wear to an interview?
- The best clothes you own or can borrow. You can’t overdress!
- A conservative suit is always appropriate.
- Dress like you already work there, on a day when an out-of-town boss is visiting.
- Let your true personality show. They’re going to find out eventually, anyway.
4) If you can get 10 of your friends to introduce you to their boss, what are your chances of getting a job with one of those organization?
- 1 in 100
- 2 in 3
1: A, 2: D, 3: C, 4: B
Step 3: Read the Texts
Step 4: Explore the Job Market
- Email any 10 people and ask for an advice interview, a candidate-in-waiting interview, or an informational interview. Yep, any 10 people of your choosing. 10: Not 9! Not 6! 10!
- Conduct a mock interview with a friend or solo (by using a mirror and playing both interviewer and interviewee). Make a list of questions you want to practice, have your friend ask them, and answer aloud.
- Google “great answers to tough interview questions” and read 5 articles.
LifeLaunch! was created by Donald Asher and associate, Jason Morris to help you, a recent college graduate, advance your career.
Donald Asher is an internationally recognized author and speaker on the topics of careers and higher education. QuintCareers dubbed him “America’s Job Search Guru” and named him a Career MasterMind. He is well known as the author of many career help guides, including Cracking the Hidden Job Market, The Overnight Resume, How to Get Any Job, Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn’t, and Why, and the best-selling guide to getting into graduate school, Graduate Admissions Essays.
Tags: career success